- Why and How Religion Matters in the fight for Environmental Justice, Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, Arizona State University, 2022
- Mental Health and Environmental Justice, Be the Change/Jewish Arts Collaborative, 2022
- Climate Justice and the Jewish Community: A Call to Action Through Dialogue, University of Michigan Schgool of Social Work, 2022
- Judaism, Environmental Justice and our Consumer Choices, Rabbi Akiva Gersh, Uri L'Tzedek, 2022
- Judaism and Climate Change: Environmental Ethics and Social Activism, Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, Emory University, 2022
- JYCM Virtual Summit 2022: Feminism and Climate Justice, Jewish Youth Climate Movement, 2022
- 2021 Jewish Science and Medical Group Conference, Session 3: Climate Change and Environmental Health, Arizona State University Jewish Studies, 2021
- Us and Us—Centering the Margins of Racial Identity in the Jewish Climate Movement, Big Bold Jewish Climate Fest, 2021
- Confronting the Climate Crisis with Jewish Values and Spirit, Dayenu and Beth El Congregation, 2021
- Indigenous Rights, Jewish Environmental Stewardship & Climate Justice, IKAR, 2021
- Beyond Tu Bishvat: Environmental Justice, B'nai Jeshurun, 2021
- Environmental Justice Shabbat Service and Talk, Rabbi Katy Allen (Jewish Climate Action Network), Or Hadash Synagogue, 2021
- Ellen Bernstein on the Climate Emergency: Ecojustice for All/Temple of Understanding, 2020
- What Jews Can Do for Climate Justice, Hody Nemes, ASBI Congregation, 2020
- What the Jewish People Can Do For Climate Justice, Dr. Mirele B. Goldsmith, Uri L'Tzedek, 2020
- Speak Torah to Power: A Jewish Call to Climate Action, Rabbi Jennie Rosenn, Avodah, 2020
- Intersection of Judaism, Environmentalism, Social Justice, Yavilah McCoy, Adamah, 2019
- JVP, Palestine, and Climate Justice: A Conversation w/Naomi Klein, Jewish Voice for Peace, 2019
- The Jewish Roots of Environmental Justice: Video Interview with Rabbi Arthur Waskow, TorahTrek: The Center for Jewish Wilderness Spirituality eJournal, 2018
- Climate Change and Ecojustice: Video Interview with Rabbi Lawrence Troster, TorahTrek: The Center for Jewish Wilderness Spirituality eJournal, 2018
- Environmental Justice, Passover, and the Pharaoh, Rabbi Fred Scherlinder Dobb, Interfaith Center for Sustainable Development, 2017
- Food Justice: How Your Congregation Can Feed the Hungry Through Jewish Values, Religious Action Center, 2017
- Jewish Perspectives on Food Justice, Union for Reform Judaism, 2013
Journals & Articles
Organized chronologically; includes both academic articles and a selection of recent news articles
- Forum Judaism Overview Essay, Hava Tirosh Samuelson, Arizona State University
- Jaffe-Hoffman, Maayan. “Jewish, Black climate activist fights for ‘intersectional climate justice.’” Jerusalem Post. May 6, 2023.
- Macinskas-Le, Leah. “Jonah, Yom Kippur, and the Many Sides of Justice,” in Religion and Sustainability: Interreligious Resources, Interdisciplinary Responses, edited by Purushottama Bilimoria and Rita D. Sherma, 35-40. Springer International Publishing, 2022.
- Gergely, Julia. “Rabbis arrested demanding climate action by Wall Street giant’s Jewish CEO.” NY Jewish Week. October 20, 2021.
- Raz, Nicole. “Rabbi Dean Shapiro launches new climate change project at ASU.” Jewish News. August 27, 2021.
- Weisberg, Anne and Rachel Landsburg. “It’s time for Jews to mobilize for climate action.” Forward. July 27, 2021.
- Wall, Alix. “Q&A: Oakland’s official city climate advocate has a plan.” Jewish News of Northern California. July 13, 2021.
- Sudilovsky, Judith. “We want to make the climate movement in Israel-Palestine much more political.” 972mag. July 12, 2021.
- Rosenthal, Laurence. “Georgia Faith Leaders Ready to Act on Climate.” Atlanta Jewish Times. June 29, 2021.
- Chernikoff, Helen. “Social justice leader Rabbi Jennie Rosenn takes on climate change.” eJewish Philanthropy. June 1, 2021.
- Cooperman, Courtney. “Environmental Justice and the Legacy of Redlining.” Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism Blog. April 24, 2021.
- “'There’s no issue more important': Chief Rabbi Rosen on Climate Change and Environmental Justice.” Kaiciid Dialogue Center. March 29, 2021.
- Cohen, Michael. “Cross-border cooperation for Tu Bishvat, the environment, is essential.“ Jerusalem Post. January 24, 2021.
- Llarks, Shekhiynah. “This Black Jewish Teen Is Leading the Fight for Climate Justice.” My Jewish Learning. July 17, 2020.
- Remedios, Jesse. “New organization Dayenu seeks to mobilize US Jews for climate action.” National Catholic Reporter. July 3, 2020.
- Dolsten, Josefin. “‘We don’t have time’: US rabbi launches Jewish climate change initiative.” The Times of Israel. May 2, 2020.
- Marczak, Nikki. ““And you are standing and praying?” Judaism, the climate crisis and the moral imperative to act.” Australian Broadcasting Corporation: Religion & Ethics. February 18, 2020.
- Rosen, Brandt. “On Hanukkah, Let’s Rededicate Our Commitment to Environmental Justice.” Truthout. December 22, 2019.
- Jacobs, Paula. “Ethical Eating: Food-justice initiatives bring Jewish values to the farm—and the dinner table.” Tablet Magazine. February 25, 2019.
- Futterman, Allison. “Nati Passow: Combining Judaism and Food Justice.” Jewish Journal. August 30, 2018.
- Benstein, Jeremy. “Sustainability and Jewish Peoplehood: An Introduction.” eJewish Philanthrophy. January 22, 2015.
- Jacobs, Mark X. “Jewish Envrionmentalism: Past Accomplishments and Future Challenges.” In Judaism and Ecology: Created World and Revealed Word, edited by Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, 449-480. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2002.
- Tirosh-Samuelson, Hava.”Introduction. Judaism and the Natural World.” In Judaism and Ecology: Created World and Revealed Word, edited by Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, xxxiii-lxii. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2002.
- Parrish. “From Dominion to Eco-Justice: Rereading Selected Creation Texts in the Hebrew Bible.” Memphis Theological Seminary Journal 29 (Summer 1991): 52–64.
- Melchart, Charles. “Creation and Justice Among the Sages.” Religious Education 85, no. 3 (Summer 1990): 368–82.
- Kay, Jeanne. “Human Dominion Over Nature in the Hebrew Bible.” Annals of the Association of American Geographers 79, no. 2 (June 1989): 214–32.