- 2021 Jewish Science and Medical Group Conference, Session 3: Climate Change and Environmental Health, Arizona State University Jewish Studies, 2021
- Us and Us—Centering the Margins of Racial Identity in the Jewish Climate Movement, Big Bold Jewish Climate Fest, 2021
- Confronting the Climate Crisis with Jewish Values and Spirit, Dayenu and Beth El Congregation, 2021
- Ellen Bernstein on the Climate Emergency: Ecojustice for All/Temple of Understanding, 2020
- The Jewish Roots of Environmental Justice: Video Interview with Rabbi Arthur Waskow, TorahTrek: The Center for Jewish Wilderness Spirituality eJournal, 2018
- Climate Change and Ecojustice: Video Interview with Rabbi Lawrence Troster, TorahTrek: The Center for Jewish Wilderness Spirituality eJournal, 2018
Journals & Articles
Organized chronologically; includes both academic articles and a selection of recent news articles
- Forum Judaism Overview Essay, Hava Tirosh Samuelson, Arizona State University
- Raz, Nicole. “Rabbi Dean Shapiro launches new climate change project at ASU.” Jewish News. August 27, 2021.
- Wall, Alix. “Q&A: Oakland’s official city climate advocate has a plan.” Jewish News of Northern California. July 13, 2021.
- Sudilovsky, Judith. “We want to make the climate movement in Israel-Palestine much more political.” 972mag. July 12, 2021.
- Rosenthal, Laurence. “Georgia Faith Leaders Ready to Act on Climate.” Atlanta Jewish Times. June 29, 2021.
- Chernikoff, Helen. “Social justice leader Rabbi Jennie Rosenn takes on climate change.” eJewish Philanthropy. June 1, 2021.
- Cooperman, Courtney. “Environmental Justice and the Legacy of Redlining.” Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism Blog. April 24, 2021.
- “’There’s no issue more important’: Chief Rabbi Rosen on Climate Change and Environmental Justice.” Kaiciid Dialogue Center. March 29, 2021.
- “Tu B’Shvat: Reforesting Earth to Heal Both Poverty & Climate.” The Shalom Center. January 21, 2020.
- Futterman, Allison. “Nati Passow: Combining Judaism and Food Justice.” Jewish Journal. August 30, 2018.
- Jacobs, Mark X. “Jewish Envrionmentalism: Past Accomplishments and Future Challenges.” In Judaism and Ecology: Created World and Revealed Word, edited by Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, 449-480. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2002.
- Tirosh-Samuelson, Hava.”Introduction. Judaism and the Natural World.” In Judaism and Ecology: Created World and Revealed Word, edited by Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, xxxiii-lxii. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2002.
- Parrish. “From Dominion to Eco-Justice: Rereading Selected Creation Texts in the Hebrew Bible.” Memphis Theological Seminary Journal 29 (Summer 1991): 52–64.
- Melchart, Charles. “Creation and Justice Among the Sages.” Religious Education 85, no. 3 (Summer 1990): 368–82.
- Kay, Jeanne. “Human Dominion Over Nature in the Hebrew Bible.” Annals of the Association of American Geographers 79, no. 2 (June 1989): 214–32.